Gift Giving Guide
The holiday season is upon us! Do you know what gifts you're getting your loved ones? Surely you have everything planned out and AT LEAST half your list is complete. No? I'm here to help.
Cookbooks!
I MIGHT have a cookbook problem.. Sorry, not sorry. Do I need another cookbook in my life NO ABSOLUTELY--everyone does. Here are a few that I've fallen in love with.
Isa Does It is my all-time favorite. The recipes are simple, quick to throw together, and absolutely delicious. I recommend this cookbook to everyone who ever mentions interest in vegan eating.
Minimalist Baker is wonderful. She also has a blog that has just a ton of really great, easy recipes. I use this cookbook weekly. I'm slightly addicted to the nacho dip recipe in this book. It's a great gift for anyone just starting out as well; the recipes are simple and easy to follow. The ingredients are ones that can be found in most stores as well!
Gifts That Give!
I love finding shops that donate part of their profit to charity. Not only do you get an item created by someone with a big heart, but you also support their chosen organization.
Sadie is a beautiful soul from my hometown. She's been making some super-cute crocheted hats and accessories for a few years now and has recently decided to donate a portion of her profits to an animal sanctuary called Rancho Relaxo. If you're interested in some of these crocheted goodies you can find Sadie on instagram @sadie.jean.crochet
Cooking Classes!
More and more I try to get "experience gifts". Instead of buying items for loved ones, we go to a show or take a trip together. Axel and I did this for both of our birthdays this year. For my birthday we took a vacation to Costa Rica (and ate so much yummy vegan food) and for Axel's we took a Northwoods vacation and went to a 7 course beer and food pairing. Needless to say, they are pretty memorable birthdays.
Cooking classes are a great example of this. AND they can be great learning experiences as well.
I haven't had a chance to participate in any of Nerma's classes, but I'm totally itching to. She does cooking classes that promote health and vegan/plant-based cooking. BONUS, there's one coming up just in time! You can connect with her on Facebook on her page Food For Life Classes.
Vegan Meal Delivery!
I have been drooling or so many vegan meal delivery services for some time now. Here are a couple perfect options.
Veestro is a meal service with options. You can choose menu items a la cart or you can pick out a meal plan that looks right for you. I personally think that the 21 Day Starter Kit and the Meatless Monday options look wonderful. These meals come to you prepackaged and ready to go.
Purple Carrot is another option. I like that this is more of a DIY meal. They send you the ingredients and recipe and then you put everything together.
Veestro is a meal service with options. You can choose menu items a la cart or you can pick out a meal plan that looks right for you. I personally think that the 21 Day Starter Kit and the Meatless Monday options look wonderful. These meals come to you prepackaged and ready to go.
Purple Carrot is another option. I like that this is more of a DIY meal. They send you the ingredients and recipe and then you put everything together.
Magazines!
I think magazines are a great way to continue inspiration throughout the year. Here are two examples that vary quite a bit in content.
VegNews is the classic vegan lifestyle magazine. It has lots of yummy recipes and all kinds of information about new happenings and tips.
Chickpea Magazine has always been a favorite of mine. The pages are beautiful and are worthy of being hung on your kitchen wall. There are a lot of really great seasonal recipes and little vegan lifestyle tips.
Plant Based Goodies!
These are the gifts that can really wow.
Aren't these TIVC watches just gorgeous! BONUS: They donate 10% of profit to a variety of charities based on which band you buy.
I'm been drooling over Matt and Nat products for some time now. I think I've been avoiding going to their website for a while so I don't impulse buy everything on their page. When I made a recent visit to find some products for the blog, I found that they had added A TON of new items. They even have dog collars now! Anyway, isn't this briefcase beautiful!
Cheeses and Chocolates!
Don't know what do get your favorite Aunt? What about a cheese and/or chocolate spread! You can find all kinds of options on Vegan Essentials and Vegans Cuts. Miyoko's cheese is one of my absolute favorites.












Comments
Post a Comment